Saturday 27 October 2012

Knowing what you know

Having had a crazy and unexpected week, I am now fully back in MA mode and at one with my computer.

My CV has been dissected, and I am working with my Job Description.

I have much to reflect about in my journal, but want to blitz my JD first so I can get to the nitty-gritty of my areas of learning.

I do have a bit of a dilemma though.... I kind of, sort of, want to dare to say that I really do know what I have learned and therefore what I know, but that totally freaks me out as I might be missing the point.

I am sure there is a middle ground - maybe I do have a superficial knowledge of what I have learned, and with more digging I will be properly enlightened, so I will dig deep and see where this takes me.

Working on my CV has made me realise that I have had several 'careers' - as a performer, assistant choreographer, choreographer, director, teacher, leader and manager and sometimes they all blend into one and I find myself reviving skills from one career to bring to another.

A question just popped into my head actually.  'What would you call yourself if someone asked?'  (Strictly in terms of career you understand, as I could not publish some of the things I would call myself in life!)

I cannot answer that at this moment, but will work on it.  It might lead me some way towards really identifying what I did, what I can do, and what I do at the moment.

Here's hoping!

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment