Thursday 8 November 2012

Thursday night musings

Having got to the end of the 2nd draft of an AoL I have realised that 29 years of teaching has taught me much.  I realise that there have been clear pivotal moments such as doing my Cert Ed, but there is much that is detailed in this AoL that cannot be pinned down to a definitive moment, or can even be described as being 'learned'.  Hard to quantify, but acquired somewhere, somehow, someday (Sondheim reference not intentional, well perhaps the someday...)

Do I prefer to be able to trace and identify learning moments, or do I relish the learning that I cannot pin down?  Probably both... I like the organisation of knowing when and how I learned something but I also am excited by the learning that has been via osmosis although it is a tad frustrating not being able to tie it up neatly within an 'experience.'

Maybe my students feel like that... I have never asked them that question and I will... 


No comments:

Post a Comment