Sunday 28 April 2013

28th April 2013.......... Where am I?


I have been a little absent from my blog as much has happened recently which has caused me to address my past and face the events that have shaped my development as a person. 

Much good has arisen out of a potentially difficult time, and I have been able to reaffirm what I believe with regard to my philosophical stance.  I have always believed that we are able to have a huge influence over our own health and emotional responses.  Therefore the mind/body connection for me is also contributed to by the spirit.  I remember writing on Adesola’s blog that the notion of selecting a philosophy felt ‘spiritual and vast’ and now I know why; it feels like that because it is like that!


Within my work as an educator, I embrace the mind/body connection and feel that this is a good way forward when learning how to use the body in order to dance safely.  I feel that the ‘thinking dancer’ is the dancer who is able to apply logic, work constructively with their own physical parameters and work to their maximum and even beyond, with application and thought.  Add the spirit, or soul if you will, and you have the dancer who can attach their intuition, emotion and life force to their work, which can only, in my opinion, take the work to another level.


On a more personal level, I have recently been reminded that ‘your biography becomes your biology’ and this has certainly resonated and helped me to find my way back to the path that I wish to tread.  As the recipient (not, I stress, victim) of a challenging childhood and adolescence, I found I followed the path of self-help and was able to confront my emotional responses to what had occurred, which led to forgiveness, but perhaps not amnesia..!  I have always said that my childhood is the reason that I am as I am and not an excuse and I am starting to realise the benefits that my journey has allowed me, such as awareness.  I have tried never to sit on the negative side, but more recently, since starting my new job, have been able to view life from a more positive angle.  


As a result of recent events I feel ready to work even harder to be a better person.  Lessons regarding the power of the spoken word (once it is out there is it out there) and the power of the self within health and creativity are jumping at me from all corners and I am endeavouring to move forward with new energy within my cognisance and approach to everyday life.


Somewhere within all of this I know that my research and teaching will be better for all the work I have had to do on a personal level, and the curveball I have been thrown, for why are we sent challenges other than to use them to progress and learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment