Sunday 3 February 2013

An Interesting Week!

I have been trying to find ways to ascertain the impact of my imagery in preparation for my research, and have combined this notion with trying to keep injured students engaged whilst watching classes.

I have collected 3 sets of their work this week - their interpretations of what I have said in 3 different classes, over 2 college years.  I asked them to describe what my imagery meant to them in relation to how they might use it and it is really interesting to see the outcomes.

I am very inspired by their enthusiasm and they have preferred this work to filling out the regular observation sheets, so a very useful exercise.  I have learned that it is possible that I need to be clearer with first year students having seen the first year interpretation against those of 2 second years, but more than anything else I can see that the students are able to relate my imagery to ballet.  I have mentioned before, if not on here then in my reflective journal, that I am conscious that I have to establish the uses of the imagery for my students - it is no good me thinking I am helping if I am not.

So far, so good, and some far better drawings than I could create.  They are also enthused about the notion of being a part of my research project.  I will make sure that full permission is obtained, naturally, but I am pleased with my tentative, early days findings.

Happy MAPPing!

Janet


No comments:

Post a Comment